Below are some suggestions related to symbol use on signage:
- Create visual signage that uses clearly marked universal symbols indicating no phone or camera use during the performance. This signage should also indicate that this includes turning off the vibration mode on cell phones.
Below are some suggestions for displaying or communicating this message:
- This visual signage should be placed either in the theatre, facing the house seats near the stage or at the entrance to the theatre. They should be removed prior to the performance.
- An announcement can also be placed in the program book indicating no photographs nor cell phones during the performance.
- A pre-show announcement can also be made in spoken English with an ASL interpreter, or vice versa.
- Another option is to make a pre-recorded pre-show announcement and project surtitles.